MimoLive has released 4.0 We demo a few features that will enhance your livestreams.
I have been using this application ever since it was called BoinxTV. It offered affordable capabilities that seemed like television, to be recorded. That was nine years ago. I have been able to record content with multi-camera or even multi location interviews since the beginning, then would upload the videos to YouTube. It prevented the need to do post production of any episode, but allowed me to share screen, have a guest from across the world, and have graphics and Video B-Roll in real time. I was able to record a show and upload within minutes. Now with live streaming, it has changed the game again. Boinx graduated to MimoLive. Focusing on live streaming production. I moved with their flow. Mimo has offered capabilities that only recently have come about for other competitors.
MimoLive is an application for Mac. It is a layered based multi-camera, graphics capable switcher, that can stream to multiple platforms such as Facebook, Periscope, YouTube, Twitch, Ustream, DailyMotion, and so many more as live streaming continues to grow world wide. Using a layers based interface, it differs from applications such as WireCast and Vmix on the windows side, by not limiting the amount of layers you can create and place. Some layers are modifiable templates, while also providing custom layers, for those who are creative and know some code like JSON. MimoLive also extends its capabilities by providing control interfaces for hardware like PTZOptics remote cameras and ATEM controllers.
New features include comments on screen, a major audio upgrade permitting you to control audio for streaming and separate controls for in location audio. Meaning if you are streaming an event, you can control the audio for the audience at the event , and control volume for the stream. You can multi stream to a few platforms, depending on your upload speed and download speed, they offer controls for each stream, allowing encoding on different resolutions. Thanks to Mac updates, both streams will use multiple cores to hardware encode to the websites individual resolutions. This offers flexibility in which platforms to stream to to reach the markets you want to cater too. Each stream you add will add to the upload requirements to be able to have a clean and good stream. MimoLive does a great job handling fluctuations in bandwidth of your internet, but each stream does add anywhere between 3-6mbps per stream based on the requirements of each platform.
Overall Mimo is a great solution for those starting and those who want to increase their show quality, whether its for sports, small church, school, business, or even independent public access programming. With Technology such as NDI, to extend its capabilities even more, MimoLive also works with 360 broadcasts, the ability to white balance cameras from inside the application (for when you are using different cameras) and so much more.
Part of the features we speak about include comments from YouTube and Facebook on screen.
Version 4.0 – March, 2018
- New: Redesigned Output Destinations!
- New: Stream to multiple services at the same time
- New: Add multiple auxiliary audio output mixes for editor, moderator, other studio guests and more
- New: Interact with your viewers by integrating YouTube or Facebook comments, moderated or unmoderated, in your stream with the Comments layer
- New: Keep an eye on your video sources with freely configurable multi-views
- New: Quickly adjust the white balance of your video sources with the new Levels filter to better match different cameras
- New: Adjust the main window layout (adjust column width, resize layer preview) to support your workflow perfectly
- New: Auto Video Switching layer for cycling through sources randomly or after a certain time
- New: Add-on layers (ATEM Controller, Lower Thirds Pack 1) are now included with mimoLive and can be tested in demo mode before purchase
- New: Drag & Drop Support for Output Destinations between documents
- New: Added a time remaining display when recording to disk
- New: Video filters now have a help button if there is a corresponding online help entry available
- Enhancement: Now you can access all the Facebook pages you are authorized to stream to, even if it’s an insanely large number 😉
- Enhancement: Fixed multiple UI glitches
- Enhancement: Better performance when using video filters
- Enhancement: Show the layer version and a help button if there is an online help
- Enhancement: The Motion JPEG Source has a new default URL
- Enhancement: The following layers were updated with new default graphics and settings: Analog Clock, Basketball Score Keeper, Heading with Object, Lower Third, News Crawl, Waving Flag, Twitter, Playlist Visualizer, Follow, Flying Text
- Enhancement: If a layer has a source input, for example for the background, the popup menu to choose the source from is now making more sense
- Fixed: Audio gain settings of movie sources are now saved correctly to the document
- Fixed: Some mimoCall clients experienced audio echo
- Fixed: Glitches in Video Switcher and Lower Third when using them in a Remote Control surface
- Fixed: Crash when working with accounts in the Preference window
- Fixed: Password fields of layers showed the password
- Fixed: Assigned files wheren’t restored correctly when opening a document
- Fixed: Video Switcher now starts with the correct source when switched live
- Fixed: Playlist Visualize layer did not properly control the Playlist source
- Fixed: Various crashes
mimoLive requires a Mac running macOS Yosemite 10.10 or newer. We highly recommend using macOS Sierra 10.12 or later as there are some critical crashing bugs in macOS 10.11 we can’t fix.